Monday, January 5, 2015

"Goody two Shoes"

I read an article this week titled "Goody two Shoes." The piece focused on the passion behind writing (specifically not forcing it). One sentence in particular really struck a cord with me. It read "let writing teach us about life and life about writing."

You see, I personally write fairly often in regards to my personal life. I document experiences and travels regularly. Often it is simply a way to pass time, but in retrospect (after letting that sentence sit with me), I gain more out of my experiences having reflected on them. It's a tricky thing writing. At times it is used as a mode of self expression and more often the case, it is used as a mode of informing. The great thing is, is that when really dissecting why one writes, it all intertwines. If one is writing to others they're informing them. If one is writing in a form of self expression in a private setting, they're informing themselves.

Writing teaches us things that I don't think could be taught anywhere else. It's really inspiring when you think about it!

 


1 comment:

  1. Some nice connections but expand on a few threads in order to give deeper meaning to some of your ideas.

    ReplyDelete