Monday, April 6, 2015

Post #7 Techniques

In my community post this week I think it is evident that I stuck to pathos in my argument. I think this is the only way I could have gone about the topic I did. People can relate with issues such as addiction and the loss of role models. I think hearing stories brings back the personal feelings of the reader which is how they become engaged.

I do think that in terms of blogging pathos is really he way to go. Because you do not always know the person whose blog you're reading, it is difficult to develop ethos. The reader really has no ability to know your authority level on any specific topic unless they are reading the blog of an acclaimed scholar etc. Logos is a possibility as well but requires your reader to be thinking in the same mindset as the writer/reader. I never really understood logos because of that matter. If I disagree on the subject, a "logical" appeal will be written off immediately because of the passion I have for the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment